You’re an experienced developer and like to work with modern frontend and backend technologies? You want to leave a mark in the healthcare market and build things that actually benefit people? You’ll fit right in with us at Temedica! We think fast and act fast to drive our products in the right direction. Your challenge is not just to implement frontend/backend solutions, but also to make decisions, move quickly and build scalable software.
As a full stack developer, you’ll be a part of a multi-national, cross-functional team consisting of software developers, designers, product owners and product managers building cutting edge health products.
What you will be doing
- You develop and extend single page applications with Vue.js
- You architect clean, modular backend solutions with Ruby on Rails
- You facilitate a component-based approach that keeps our overall architecture clean and maintainable
- You write automated unit tests and end-to-end tests to verify your code's behavior
- You write good-quality code, adhering to existing coding standards
- You combat technical debt with clean architecture and constant refactoring
- You support product and UX with finding solutions that are user-friendly and at the same time technically feasible and pragmatic in terms of development effort
- You support our data teams with finding solutions that are ensure optimal data storage and processing and at the same time technically feasible and pragmatic in terms of development effort
What you will bring to the table
- 3+ years experience in frontend development, preferably with Vue.js and/or React
- 3+ years experience in backend development, preferably with Ruby on Rails or comparable frameworks like Laravel
- solid skills in HTML and CSS
- experience with automated software testing (preferably Cypress and/or Capybara)
- experience with source control management, preferably Git
- experience with state-of-the-art frontend tooling (webpack, Babel etc.)
- experience with SQL databases and alternative data stores
- 5+ years experience in software development in general (backend/frontend/native)
- fluent in English
Nice to haves
- awareness of "The Rails Way" with its benefits and downsides
- experience with Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum)
- experience in fields with sensitive data (e.g. healthcare, finance)
- experience in UX/UI design
- DevOps experience
The ideal candidateOur ideal candidate for this position has spent a couple of years working with both the frontend and the backend, ideally using modern frameworks (React, Vue, Angular on the frontend; Rails or Rails-like frameworks on the backend). He or she has a basic understanding of software architecture and what makes and keeps software maintainable over a longer period of time. There's a keen awareness that standards and automation generate developer happiness and that it's every developer's job to contribute ideas on how to improve the development toolchain and process. Last but not least, the ideal candidate has a vivid curiosity and eagerness to try out new things and approaches and actively searches for them.
- If you're looking for agency-like work, where you jump from project to project, this is probably not the right position for you.
- If you're completely opposed to Agile methods and cross-functional teams, you probably won't be happy with us.
- Frontend: Vue.js
- Backend: Ruby on Rails
- Native: React Native
- Testing: RSpec, Capybara, Cypress; Travis CI
What we can offerWith our digital products, we accompany patients on their individual path to personal health and help them to achieve the best possible therapy results. Health and well-being is also very important to us for our employees.
- We are an open, motivated and international team
- We believe in you - you get maximum responsibility and trust from day one
- We practice a fair feedback culture so that everyone can fully exploit their potential
- We are working goal driven and live our shared values
- We organize regular team events, provide you with delicious coffee, snacks and smoothies and have a really cozy office
Join us on our mission and become part of Temedica!
Benefits at Temedica
We believe in you. That's why we give you maximum responsibility and trust from day one.
We think it is essential to engage in lively dialog and give feedback based on a culture of fairness.
We work determinedly toward achieving our goals, and we embody our common values.
Here you“ll get fantastic coffee, snacks and, of course, a great place to work.